ATTENTION COMMUNAL GARDENERS!!! If you would like to get involved in the management of the Communal Garden, we are currently looking for Members to sit on the Communal Garden Committee. If you are interested or would like more information please send us an email.
CCGS Communal Garden Committee
List of Responsibilities and Tasks
Reports to: Board
# of Members: unlimited. Encourage a Member from each Communal Garden Team and one Board Member. Any Communal Gardener who is interested in getting involved may join.
Timeline: Year-round – 3 to 5 meetings
Job: Manage Communal Garden concerns including –
- Plan Teams, assign garden beds and crops
- Work with Registration to assign Members to Teams
- Plan and purchase seed and supplies within set budget
- Co-ordinate seed starting, start purchases
- Research and advise Board regarding Communal Garden Budget and advise on options to raise additional funds if needed
- Manage seed stock throughout season
- Establish effective communication system among Communal Garden Members
- Liaise with Board and Garden Ambassador
- Manage seed collect saving